Inspired by Pride T-shirts, badges and pins worn by queer activists in the 1970s/80s, London-born graphic designer Thomas Brunskill has designed his own collection of 'Queer T-Shirts'. ✨
The Queer T-Shirts Project aims to 1) express/explain some of the many queer experiences in present-day London to greater society or those who are unaffected/unaware, and 2) reinvigorate the true spirit of Pride towards community-led activism and away from corporate 'rainbow-washing'.
Profits support artists involved and sustaining the publication and its projects.
– [Main body]
(Extensive meanings behind the first 6 T-shirts, AKA the 'SS18 collection')
– We Have Always Been Here
(An exploration into the likely evolutionary purpose of queer people for survival and the context to the prevalence of queer people throughout human history)
– My Queer Experience
(Brunskill explains his coming out journey as a point of reference)
– Glossary of terms
• Writing, graphic design and photography by Thomas Brunskill
• 170 gsm recycled paper
• 300 gsm silk matt laminated cover using FSC certified paper
• Digitally printed in the UK
• Self-published by MUNDANE Zine
• 'SS18 Collection' issue, first edition
• Individuals on a low-income may use code 'iamloved' upon checkout for £2 off each zine
Ships worldwide with the option of tracking.
View the full shipping information here.