Inspired by the Pride T-shirts, badges and pins worn by queer activists in the 1970s/80s, London-born graphic designer Thomas Brunskill has designed his own collection of 'Queer T-Shirts'. ✨
The Queer T-Shirts Project aims to 1) express/explain some of the many queer experiences in present-day London to greater society or those who are unaffected/unaware, and 2) reinvigorate the true spirit of Pride towards community-led activism and away from corporate 'rainbow-washing'.
Profits support artists involved and sustaining the publication and its projects.
– Don't Worry Everything Will Be Amazing
– Cis-Normative Culture Is A Burden
– Queer Youth Will Save Us All
– Beyond Gender
– Here & Queer! In Solidarity with Everyone In The Spectrum
– Don't Presume I'm Straight
(Extensive meanings behind the first 6 T-shirts, AKA the 'SS18 collection')
– We Have Always Been Here
(An exploration into the likely evolutionary purpose of queer people for survival and the context to the prevalence of queer people throughout human history)
– My Queer Experience
(Brunskill explains his coming out journey as a point of reference)
– Glossary of Terms
• Written, designed and photography by Thomas Brunskill
• 170 gsm recycled paper
• 300 gsm silk matt laminated cover using FSC certified paper
• Digital printed
• Self-published by MUNDANE Zine
• 'SS18 Collection' issue, first edition
• UK: £3 with tracking (1–3 working days after dispatch*)
• International: £9 with tracking (1–4 weeks after dispatch*)
*This item is dispatched within 3 working days. View the full shipping information here.