We are taught that we should always be happy or at least always aspire for happiness, but is this healthy and realistically attainable?
This zine looks to understand depression and explores what might be a more attainable 'goal'. ☯️ 🧠
Part of the annual Mental Health = Health project for World Mental Health Day by graphic designer Thomas Brunskill. It aims to encourage society to treat mental health with as much importance and respect as physical health and inspire those who may be suffering in silence to seek professional care.
This year's main messages are 'happiness is not the goal' and 'take care of your mind'.
Check out the limited edition tote
Find mental health resources
In the UK, 75% of suicides are male and suicide is the biggest killer of men under 45. HUMEN is a movement to improve and maintain men's mental health, preventing men from suffering in silence and dying too young. Read more about their mission here.
– [Main body]
(Exploring whether striving for happiness is healthy and what we could be working towards instead)
– [Q&A about depression]
(Brunskill uses his experience as a reference point to understand and explain depression)
– Glossary of terms
• 32-page A5 zine
• Writing and graphic design by Thomas Brunskill
• 80 gsm recycled paper
• 300 gsm silk soft-touch laminated cover using FSC certified paper
• Digitally printed in the UK
• Self-published by MUNDANE Zine
• First issue, first edition
• Individuals on a low-income may use code 'iamloved' upon checkout for £2 off each zine
• Screen-printed on 100% organic cotton, 180 gsm (5.3 oz)
• Made in Bangladesh, printed in the UK
• Relaxed, slightly loose fit (go down one size for a slimmer fit)
• Model pictured is 180 cm (5'11") tall with a 32" waist and wearing size medium
|XS||98 cm / 38.5”||69 cm / 27.1"|
|S||104 cm / 40.9”||72 cm / 28.3"|
|M||110 cm / 43.3”||74 cm / 29.1"|
|L||116 cm / 45.6”||76 cm / 29.9"|
|XL||122 cm / 48”||78 cm / 30.7"|
Ships worldwide with tracking.
View the full shipping information here.